Come and right wrong with us. Shine Lawyers is a non-traditional law firm committed to providing justice for our clients and standing up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated, professional people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong payroll team based in our Toowoomba and Brisbane offices, delivering professional payroll services to all staff in our fortnightly payroll cycle, and related supporting initiatives. Due to growth, we are now seeking a Payroll Manager, based in our Toowoomba office, to lead our payroll team and drive continuous improvement.
This newly created role is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager who possesses not only expertise in payroll matters, and strong leadership skills, but also who has a strong commitment to quality and is excited about the opportunity to drive a variety of improvement projects.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your role will focus on leadership, compliance, and process improvement. You’ll lead and develop our payroll department (3 FTE) and oversee payroll process improvements, optimisation of the use of Chris21, and contribute to the highest standard of payroll processing.
Through driving performance, you’ll ensure that payroll and associated processes reach best practice for a business with 700+ staff. You’ll manage, and where necessary, be directly involved in, the fortnightly processing of regular and ad hoc pays in Chris21. You’ll seek to reduce payroll issues, through early identification of potential problems, and manage novated leases, salary sacrifice arrangements, and FBT.
You’ll engage with the business at all levels regarding payroll matters, and liaising with our People & Culture team, taking a proactive approach to the capture of new staff details, termination information, and bonuses.
Your commitment to continuous improvement will see you drive a variety of improvement projects, such as optimisation of our current payroll review process, and implementation of payroll best practice. You’ll review on-boarding and off-boarding as it relates to payroll, as well as strengthening systems and processes for the payment of net pays, tax, super, and deductions.
Please note that while this role is based in Toowoomba, we expect that regular travel to Brisbane to meet with stakeholders will be required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive demonstrated experience in a Payroll Manager role, ideally within a large corporate environment
- A thorough understanding of, and significant exposure to, payroll processing in Chris21 is essential
- A strong understanding of modern management information systems
- Robust commercial acumen, with the ability to analyse and communicate financial information simply and with ease
- Strong leadership skills, with experience driving the performance of a small team
- A commitment to continuous improvement, with strong examples of previous process improvement projects
- A willingness to get your hands dirty, and support your team with payroll processing when required
- Bachelor qualifications in Finance or a related field are highly desirable but not essential
- Experience in Thomson Reuters Elite desirable, but not essential for success
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application